Curtain wall bearing
Curtain wall bearing is the basic connecting member between curtain wall column and curtain wall construction. Through the support, the curtain wall column and its curtain wall system are “suspended” on the main structure, and the curtain wall system weight and load (mainly wind load, such as horizontal or oblique layout will bear load) transferred to the main structure. Therefore, the use of steel support is necessary and common. Curtain wall steel bearing in component curtain wall, unit curtain wall, metal curtain wall, stone curtain wall, clay plate curtain wall, point support curtain wall and lighting roof system are used very widely, but the form is not the same, almost do not have universality, let alone standardization.
The ideal steel support is as follows:
Adapt to most of the error range beyond the standard requirements of embedded parts; With a wide range of versatility, can be applied to a variety of component curtain wall, unit curtain wall, metal curtain wall, stone curtain wall, clay plate curtain wall, point support curtain wall and lighting roof system.
The construction form and size can be standardized;Spatial position adjustment ; Improve efficiency;Cost savings.
Curtain wall support problems:
(1) surface quality – because the positioning needs to adjust the position of steel parts repeatedly, often repeated “spot welding” positioning, resulting in rough bearing appearance quality.
(2) Large operating load — the modern curtain wall column should be installed in a group of at least two people, with one person stabilizing the column and the other adjusting the positioning. The deviation adjustment should be carried out under the load bearing state, and its accuracy is susceptible to influence.
(3) Low efficiency — more labor. Personnel should be complete, including installers, welders and firemen.
(4) Safety platform is required — the safety platform must be occupied throughout the installation process.
(5) During the whole installation process, it is necessary to avoid cross-work — mainly due to the “load bearing” operation, the installation time of single column is long, and special arrangement of working time and working face is required.
(6) the process can not be decomposed – to ensure that the material is complete, including tin profile keel and steel parts to be present at the same time, at the same time construction, such as in case of uneven materials need to stop waiting for materials.
Summary: The steel bearings of aluminium curtain wall mentioned above are manually adjusted on the spot, completely dependent on the operation proficiency of the workers on the spot. In order to achieve the requirements of vertical straightness ≤2.5mm, it is difficult to use the steel bearing construction.