EMT steel pipe vs. Mild steel tube
EMT steel pipe and mild steel tube are both widely popular with people in the current steel pipe market. In the practical applications, it can often be found that a lot of EMT conduits are made of galvanized steel pipe to prevent chipping, cracking and peeling. This type of conduit generally has a couple of features as follows:
• Hot Dipped Galvanized, inside and outside providing enhanced, second to none corrosion protection and as such, metal-to-metal contact and galvanic protection against corrosion are provided.
• Manufactured with high-strength steel, and welded by electric resistance welding process.
• The exterior surface has a clear post-galvanizing coating to provide additional protection against corrosion.
• The interior surface provides a smooth continuous raceway for easy and hassle-free wire pulling.
• Both surfaces are free from defection with a smooth welded seam.
• Excellent ductility, providing uniform bending, cutting in the field
ERW steel pipes means Electric Resistance Welded Pipe, which is one common type of steel products in the market. ERW welded pipe is formed by rolling plate and welding the seam by high frequency welder. The weld flash can be removed from the outside or inside surfaces using a scarfing blade. The weld zone of ERW carbon steel pipe can also be heat treated to make the seam less visible. There are round ERW steel pipe, China square steel pipe and triangle ERW carbon welded pipe. API 5L ERW pipe is one common type of ERW steel pipes, which has been widely used in various engineering purposes, fencing, scaffolding, line pipes etc. ERW steel pipes and tube are available in various qualities, wall thicknesses, and diameters of the finished pipes.
In some specific applications, EMT steel pipe can be bent at the job site to allow a neat installation without excessive numbers of manufactured fittings. This is particularly advantageous when following irregular or curved building profiles. Special equipment is used to bend the steel conduit without kinking or denting it. However, if you consider welding EMT conduit, it is likely to cause certain potential health problems. The biggest problem is that toxic fume is given off when the welding arc heats up the galvanized coating on the EMT. ERW steel pipes possess a lot of good performance, such as high strength corrosion resistance, high deformability, high strength and high toughness. ERW steel pipe is available with square ends or beveled for welding, threaded and coupled and victaulic grooved. Surface finishes are available in black or in bare body, or with galvanized coatings by China steel tube manufacturer in a mill if you have any requirements in advance.